An Architect’s job is to meet with clients and understand the requirement. An architect then has to put up the estimate of the materials, equipment and the time it takes for the construction to be completed. Architects then provide cost analysis, site selection, feasibility & design requirements based on Architecture Career.
Technology hasn’t deprived the field of architecture with its glory. Computer aided design & drawing (CADD) and Business Information Module (BIM) have replaced the pencil & drafting paper.
The skills required for an architect are
- Ability to sketch.
- Accountability & responsibility.
- Keen observation & creativity.
- Getting a solid grasp of the client’s needs and requirements.
- Ability to grasp and implement the latest technological applications.
A professionally qualified & skilled Architect has takers always. Architects find work in the following departments normally :-
- Housing & Urban development corporation.
- National institute for urban affairs.
- Public sector undertakings.
- Railway dept.
- Post & telegraph.
- Ministry of Defence
- Archaeological dept.
- Town & country planning organization.
Then there are the private sector firms such as consultants, builders & Architecture firms. Architects are known to Freelancing also these days.
Pay scales for Architects have always been considerably well. A Fresher can command anywhere between 20,000 I NR to 30,000 I NR. The candidate can get a higher pay scale, if he is selected on-campus or if from a premier architecture college. Architects register growth after an experience of 2 years. An experienced candidate having 5-6 years of work experience can command upwards of 50,000 I NR.