Dentist Career have been advancements done in the field of Dentist Career as dentistry lately, & some new sub-fields have popped up such as
Oral Pathology – One would perform diagnosis of the afflictions that affect the mouth.
- Orthodontics – Aligning and straightening of teeth and jaws.
Periodontics – Care of gums and diseases that afflict them.
Dentist Career Job Profile
The main job of a Dentist Career is to prevent and treat all the diseases and afflictions of oral cavity, like roof and bottom of mouth, gums, teeth, cavities etc. Dentists make use of cosmetic dental procedures to treat a person’s oral issues. A Dentist’s job / Dentist Career is also to educate and make the general public aware of one’s personal mouth hygiene and to prevent any dental issues he / she may deal with.
- Excellent Manual Dexterity.
Comfortable working in a team.
Good communication skills.
Excellent listener and to apprehend the issue at hand.
His/ her eyesight should be top notch i.e clear vision.
Should be able to offer advice and to educate others.
Good cognitive skills.
Should be free from any chronic condition.
Good visual, tactile, olfactory & auditory senses.
- A fresh BDS graduate may start working as a dental surgeon in Government hospitals and dispensaries with a pay of 10,000 INR to 15,000 INR / month.
- A Dentist who practices privately is like a business-man who has invested in his own skill and abilities.
- He/ She may earn anywhere from 15,000 INR to 50,000 INR ,depending upon patient response, area and city it’s located in.
- Job opportunities for dentists seems to have become bit bleak lately.
- WIth the ratio of dentists to patients going 15,000 in India in some states.
- Many dentists have been left jobless.
- The competition has become tough so vital opportunities may be difficult to grab.
- Almost every other dentist wants to work in Urban areas and nobody wants to set up a clinic or work in a government hospital in rural areas. This is another reason why many have been rendered jobless.