Digital Marketing Career
Digital Marketing is basically use of internet to advertising & publicity. With the virtual world fast growing in all the urban as well sub-urban towns in India. Digital Marketing Career is already the next big thing in the world of marketing.
Digital marketers are being sought by all the multi national companies and other small companies for advertising and publicity. The industry is growing in leaps and bounds at a fast pace and is in need of skilled marketers.
Digital marketing Career is not just about E-commerce. It has its fangs in various other sectors and types of industries these days.
It is said that almost 20- 25 % of the job listings on LinkedIn are directly or indirectly related to digital marketing.
The Job profile of a Digital marketing Career is to understand the need of the client. To get a clear and complete understanding of the given brief and to provide brand promise to the client.
The Job profile of a Digital marketer would depend on the type of area he/ she is working and the designation assigned.
Some most popular examples are
- Search Engine Optimization.
- Search Engine Marketing .
- Social Media Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Mobile Marketing.
- Web Analytic.
Search Engine Optimization for Digital marketing Career –
Some of the common elements that this area encompasses are
- Keyword Search.
- Link Building.
- Google Analytic.
- Fresh content.
- Organic listing.
Search Engine Marketing–
Some of the common elements in this area are
- Pay per click (PP C).
- Research skills.
- Google Ad-sense.
- Analytical skills.
- Paid campaigns.
Social Media Marketing –
The elements found within this area are
- You tube.
- P interest.
- News feed.
Email Marketing –
The common elements in this form of Digital marketing Career are
- In-game Mobile marketing.
- App based marketing.
- QR codes.
- Push notifications.
- M M S.
Web Analytic –
The Elements in this form of Digital marketing Career are
- Google Analytic.
- Yahoo Web Analytic.
- Candidate must be a Pure internet freak.
- He/ she must know his way around the net.
- He should have been well read about the working and significance of everything related to digital marketing.
- Should have basic computer programming skills.
- Should be well acquainted with the elements described in the ‘Job Profile’ for a particular area.
- Critical thinking is a must.
- Problem solving ability is very essential.
- able to devise creative strategies with respective to the campaign.
- Good marketing skills, the basics are a must.
- To have a Clear understanding of the Ad or Publicity campaigns.
- To have excellent communication skills.
- To be updated about the latest advancements in the field of digital marketing.
- To examine and analyse one’s work and to improvise on it.
- A digital marketer, as fresher, can make anywhere between 2,00,000 I NR to 3,00,000 I NR per annul.
- The salary package depends upon the command and knowledge you possess on your field.
How Do I get there ?
- Since the field of Digital marketing Career is pertains to knowledge about artistic visualization, science, statistics & e-commerce. Hence, Any candidate with knowledge from any one or more of these fields can seek work as a Digital marketer.
- But obviously, The candidates with professional degrees in the field of technology or marketing stand at a better position when compared to others.
- There are no specific undergraduate degrees pertaining to digital marketing.
Some of the available courses in this field are
- I A M A I (Internet and Mobile Association of India) approved programs.
- M.Sc _ Digital Marketing (after a diploma or other science degree).
- Executive Program – Digital Marketing (E P D M).
- Diploma – Digital Marketing.