After the completion of the Automobile Engineering the applicants can find many job options in various automobile sectors.
To appear in Automobile Engineering Course or any of the entrance examination of undergraduate engineering courses, it becomes compulsory that the student must have passed the higher secondary school certificate examinations with the subjects specialized in Physics, Chemistry & Maths. However some courses demand the need of Biology also which may or may not be considered. The percentage requirements are conditional and they vary according to the university or college sometimes even depending on the state which you apply.
Generally, any Bachelor of Engineering in India will span a duration of 4 full academic years which will include 8 semesters i.e; 2 semesters each year at the end of which an university theory cum practical examination for the respective subjects will be conducted. At the end of the final year a final project becomes compulsory, internships and mini projects which are to be done by the student vary from one university to the other. As far as the studying of subjects are concerned, it depends on the syllabus of each university that how much main subjects it allots per semester but a minimum of five subjects is expected to be written as theory examination conducted at the end of every semester.
Merit seats- admission through Common Entrance Test conducted by respective state examination board/ college / university.
Option 2 :
Payment seats offered by the respective Colleges/Universities.
The above are the options through which an engineering admission could be done, you will have to select the most appropriate college/university in which you want to get into and then obtain the college details, relevant contact phone number and visit the institution for further enquiries.
Each university has its own fees structure though, we would like to present to you a generalized scenario. Private universities will cost you around 150,000 to 300,000 (1.5 to 3 lakh) rupees per student per year . Public university on an average will cost between 75,000 to 150,000 rupees per student per year. Living expenses will cost you depending on the location of the university like in cities, it will cost you more and your style of living. Generally, this expenditure may cost you around Rs.1 lac excluding your tuition fees.
Syllabus & Subjects Studied:
- Engineering Design.
- Automotive Electrical Systems.
- Automotive Diesel Engines.
- Automotive Materials & Metallurgy.
- Automotive Transmission.
- Computer Aided Vehicle Design Data.
- Automotive Electronics.
- Manufacturing Processes.
- Automotive Pollution and Control.
- Quality & Reliability engineering.
- Environmental Science.
- Project Work.
- PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore.
- SCMS School of Engineering and Technology (SSET), Cochin.
- Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute (VJTI), Mumbai.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- College of Engineering- Trivandrum.
- Arya group of colleges, Jaipur.
- Lingaya’s University Faridabad – Delhi/ NCR.
Jobs After Completing this Course:
Sector / Industry
- Automobile Engineer – Testing.
- Design Engineer – Automotive Plastic.
- Professor/Associate Professor – Automobile Engineering.
- Engineer – Automotive Exteriors/Interiors.
- Product Development Engineer.
- Automobile personnels who are being recruited as trainees in the sector are expected to earn a mediocre amount ranging from Rs.10000/- to Rs.15000/- per month.
- Recently in India there have been huge number of automobile plants turning up which increases the chances of employment. the expected salary is from Rs.3.5lakhs to Rs.45 lakhs per annum.
Careers after completing this course:
- Automobile manufacturing Industry.
- Private Transport Companies.
- Maintenance and Service Stations.
- Defense Establishments.
Courses after completing this course:
- Masters programme in Automobile is possible.
Research & Ph.d options are also available.