Advertising Career is a $ 5 Billion business. The Most popular mediums for the purpose of advertising are –
- Online websites.
Advertising Career is one of the aspects of Mass communication. A product or service is advertised to the masses to create awareness in the minds of potential buyers.
According to a survey. An Average consumer is exposed to 3000 Advertising messages in a day.
Advertising plays an important role in today’s highly competitive world. Career in Advertising is quite a glamourous. At the same time, quite challenging too with more an more number of advertising agencies emerging fast.
The Major areas of Advertising are –
- Market Research.
- Client servicing.
- Film & Television.
- Creative Department.
- Media Department.
- Event & Exhibition Management.
- Direct Marketing and Promotion.
Advertising is broadly divided into two categories –
Creative & Executive.
Creative advertising includes visualizers, copywriters, scriptwriters, photographers, typographers. To have best Career in Advertising.
Most of the people believe a career in advertising is only about writing catchphrases and slogans, which ain’t truly completely. Writing happens to be a complex process . A writer needs to understand life more fully and translate that into a story.
- Have an innate interest in people from different walks of life.
- Must possess an insight into the psychology and behavior of the common man.
- ABility to work well in a team set up i.e Good teamworking skills are necessary.
- Being creative and thinking ‘out of the box’ is the most vital skill required in this profession. A wide imagination is very essential.
- Critical thinking is very vital skill too.
- Problem solving ability are very useful in Advertising.
- He/ she must possess excellent communication skills. This is another must have, as Career in Advertising is one aspect of mass communication.
- One needs to be enthusiastic about his/ her work.
- Should be able to multi task well.
- People skills i.e interpersonal skills are vital requirement for Career in Advertising.
- Efficient decision making skills are also needed here.
- Must be able to handle stress and work under pressure and meet the deadlines well.
- Persuasiveness is also a necessary skill.
- Analytical skills are considered as essential as an other vital skill in this profession.
- One should equip themselves with skills such as analyzing the client’s needs.
- Research skills also help a lot in finding out about the services and products they are required to sell.