Air Hostess Career
Many young girls opt for a Air Hostess Career as a full fledged career because of the exciting experience of flying. Interacting with different kinds of people, visiting different places, and a lucrative salary package make it a dream career for many girls.This is mostly a women oriented career, their male counterparts with different duties and tasks are called “Stewards”.
It is a highly demanding job, which requires a lot of patience and involves working in odd duty hours. One’s duty starts off much before the take off and continues post landing of the aircraft too.
The job profile ranges from good public relations to passenger safety. Its their job to ensure that the passengers are comfortable and any issues are dealt with and also to ensure their safety and to brief them about all the guidelines in order to travel on an Aircraft. Career as Air Hostess requires lot of strong conviction, commitment & hard work for learning the technical aspects of aircraft operations and skills to tackle the difficult situation.
Some of Their duties include
- Checking emergency equipment in the aircraft.
- To check if all the meals and beverages for the passengers are available at hand and to serve them accordingly.
- Making relevant announcements and to ensure that the passengers follow all the necessary guidelines for the journey.
- Preparing the reports.
- Guiding passengers to their seats and coordinating with security personnel.
- This is the most important skill set in this profession, communication skills.
- Excellent communication skills are a must.
- They should be well equipped with a sense of responsibility.
- Must be able to take initiative.
- They must carry a very friendly and outgoing personality.
- Patience is a vital quality in this profession.
- Strong presence of mind, unruffled appearance are also very essential qualities.
- They must have a systematic and disciplined approach towards work.
- Ability to react quickly and promptly in times of emergencies.
- Must be fluent in English and the national language of the country one is operating from and also good hold on English language to be able to write reports.
- Must be able to work well within team set up, i.e Good team working skills.
- Agility and good sense of balance are also necessary.
- The salary package for a flight attendant at entry level would range from 2,24,000 I NR to 5,00,000 I NR per annul depending upon whether one is flying domestic or international, on the sector the airline is operating in.
- Maximum salary for an Air hostess in Indian Airlines or Air India is 75,000 I NR a month.
- In international airlines, for a senior air hostess with relevant experience and expertise in the field. She may command a salary of 3,00,000 I NR a month.
With privatization and a gradual increase in the number of people travelling. There is a high requirement for Career as Air Hostess . Enhancing one’s skills and improvising is essential in this profession.
After working as an Air hostess for a decade. One can be promoted to being a Ground Hostess. Check hostess or other airline related jobs such as Senior Flight attendant or Head attendant.
How Do I get There ?
- The candidate must be in the age range of 19- 25 years of age, unmarried.
- Must have passed her 10+2 with hospitality degree or any other graduate degree.
- Must be well presentable, good eyesight, prim and proper.
- Minimum height of 157.5 cm, and height must be in accordance with weight.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and also in the national language the airline operates from.