Bioinformatics Careers Job Prospects
Job prospects in the field of Bioinformatics have been rapidly increasing, with bioinformatics treading its path into all fields of biology such as, Biotechnology, bio-medical science, pharmaceutical sciences, and also in research institutes and hospitals.
There are many sub-areas of bioinformatics :-
- Clinical pharmacologist.
- Informatics developer.
- Computational chemist.
- Bio-analytic s.
- Sequence analysis.
- Database design & maintenance.
The skill sets required by a Bioinformatics scientist are:-
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to navigate through information resources.
- Keen observation.
- Be able to use command line interfaces.
- Must be familiar with computer scripts.
- statistical & data visualization skills.
The Average pay scale for a Bioinformatics analyst can be from 12,000 I NR to 20,000 I NR in Private companies. A govt. employee can command approx 9,000 I NR with allowances.