[one_half][ads1][/one_half]Biologist Career – Are you interested in studying mother nature & everything natural ?. Biologists study all there is to know about living things, their evolution, their interaction with one another etc. So basically a Biologist Career is an expert in the scientific study of the life & structure of plants and animals.
In Biologist Career the different areas a Biologist may find himself working in
- Health Care.
- Environmental management & conservation.
So depending upon the area, A biologist’s work varies accordingly.
- Those working in the field of research as a Biologist Career study the natural world, with the help of latest scientific tools & techniques in labs or in a natural environmental setting. Their job is to understand the working of living systems and uncover the yet to be discovered facts about nature.
- Biologists in this field work towards solving the environmental issues & problems and to conserve our earth’s valuable natural habitats. Apart from National parks, Zoo and Natural amusement parks . Other work opportunities exist Natural resource agencies, Non-profit conservation organisations, Ecological firms and Wildlife rehabilitation firms.
- As the name implies, Biologists in this field work towards educating people about the benefits of preserving and conserving environment. It may done through a classroom, online websites, labs or even a museum or nature centers.
The skill sets that a Biologist needs to have are
- Good teamworking skills.
- Love for all living things.
- To keep oneself updated with the various advances in the field.
- Attention to detail & accuracy.
- Methodical approach to work.
- Practical Scientific skills.
- Inquisitive mind.
- Logical thinking.
A Biologist can either work in Public sector or Private sector. Opportunities are abound in the fields of Pharmacy, agriculture & Confectionaries. Depending upon whether a biologist holds specialisation within an area like if he is an Environmental biologist. He may find work in Zoos, Museums, research institutions, or Environmental agencies.
One can be working out of a lab to help people get better understanding of new areas in the field of biology such as stem cell research or genetically modified crops.
One can move into a career in management, teaching, media, administration, & scientific journalism.
The Pay scale for a Biologist varies from the sector he/she is working in. But on average, a Biologist may get anywhere between 15,000 INR to 24,000 INR.
The Pay structure for a marine biologist is different from that of an Environmental biologist and accordingly it varies, But Biologists are known to get good pay scales in public sector settings. Private companies also pay well.