A Builder’s / Builder Career job is made clear right there in the word itself i.e Building. Whether it is repairing of maintenance jobs. Career as a Builder or whether it is about laying down roads or whether it is to build a complete house right from the scratch.
In Builder Career The Main areas under building are
- Industrial & Commercial (Example- Factories, Shopping complexes).
- Non-residential public enclosures.
- Maintenance & repair.
- Private & Public Housing.
Tasks of a builder initially would include
- Assembling & disassembling scaffolding.
- Helping in smaller tasks.
- Delivering & distributing supplies.
- To prep the construction area.
- Learning of new skills from experienced candidates.
Skills/ Personality Required
A Builder’s skills sets are pretty much what is expected in a building work.
- Applying concrete.
- Hazardous waste removal & Repairing.
- To be able to read blue prints.
- Calculate dimensions & estimate the building material needs.
- Physically capable.
- To be able to operate & handle machinery equipment.
With skyscrapers at every nook & corner in the metros and multi-stored buildings in every town, and lack of Skilled labor has put a high demand for skilled Career as a Builder. The real estate & infrastructure industry is seeing a steep growth since past decade in India. Employment opportunities are abundant.
How do I get there ??
A Builder’s job is pure brute force, One needs to be only able to read & communicate what is required on their job. Prior experience is seen in professional real estate establishments. One needs to be physically fit and active. A builder’s job is quite strenuous. Career as a Builder can approach any Real estate or Professional Building agencies and seek work. There isn’t really any set criteria, it would depend upon the establishment and working environment.