A cardiologists job is to prevent, diagnose and treat cardiovascular conditions. Which includes the heart & body’s blood vessels. Cardiologists receive referrals from other physicians who would like to receive confirmation. That a patient has cardiovascular condition in Cardiologist Career. The roles & responsibilities of a cardiologist may vary but certain generalities are same.
Skills / Personality required
- Extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to absorb relative information.
- Strong basics.
- Ability to read,understand & organise and prioritize information & clinical data.
- Interest in effective therapy.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to make quick decisions.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Enthusiasm for treating patients.
- In the government sector for Cardiologist Career , the salary is as per fixed pay-scales.
- In the private sector (which accounts for 80 per cent of healthcare in India) in Delhi/NCR.
- A fresh DM in cardiology can make about Rs 1.5 lakh a month.
- The top-most cardiologists’ pay packages range from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore per annum.
- An estimated 70 million cases will make india the world’s cardiovascular disease capital by 2025.
- Cardiovascular diseases make up for one-third of all deaths in the country.
- One might get an idea of the immense demand for a cardiologist in india.
How do I get there?
- Opt for science (physics, chemistry and biology) at the plus-two level.
- Do an M B B S program (four and a half year) plus compulsory one-year internship training.
- Three years as junior resident in internal medicine to qualify as MD (internal medicine).
- Go for a three-year DM programme or even the DNB in cardiology and you become a cardiologist.