Computer Science Engineer Career
[one_half][ads1][/one_half]When the IT industry in India had a dramatic success and gained subsequent momentum. The vacancies for a computer engineer came in like a tsunami. The pay was also nice & there were many additional perks and a stable and reputable job too. It made everyone’s head turn & soon Indians were waking up to the IT boom and wanting to taste it’s success themselves. Computer Engineer Career Engineering colleges starting opening in multiple numbers . A course in Computer science engineering was mandatory.
Job Profile Computer Science Engineer Career
- Their job profile would require them to be fluent in a variety of programming languages such as Java, C++, COBOL, Dot Net, etc.
- Excellent computer operating skills are also mandatory.
- Computer hardware engineers work in research.
- Computer hardware engineers work in design, development and testing.
- Computer hardware engineers also work in supervision of all aspects of maintenance.
- Computer hardware engineers also works in manufacturing and installation of computer hardware’s.
- Software engineers test, debug and update the programs, apart from the development of them.
Skills Required Computer Science Engineer Career
- Strong critical-thinking skills.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Able to communicate ideas to other engineers as well as the lay man.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent command on any programming language and minimal knowledge of the rest.
- Good in coding techniques and writing complex algorithms.
- The pay scales for a computer engineer would depend on many factors company, profile, on-campus placement or off-campus placement.
- The average salary package for a computer engineer in India is Rs 4 lakhs per annul, through on-campus placement.
- Off campus hiring may vary from as low as 10,000 I NR per month to 20,000 I NR per month.
Job Opportunities Computer Engineer Career
- What climbs up quickly, will fall down with the same speed. That’s mother nature and that holds true for the fate of computer engineering in India.
- Off late, We are unable to provide jobs for all the engineers our colleges are churning out.
- In spite of India’s software industry being valued at a whopping $108 billion.
- We are unable to provide jobs to the thousands of software engineers being rolled out of colleges every year.
- Studying in a reputed institution and university and having an aggregate of 60 %. would help one qualify for majority of the interviews.
- The companies are do hiring engineers but since the amount of engineers passing out is equally staggering.
- It ups the level of competition and makes entering a reputed company bit difficult.
Until 2012, IT industry hired 235,000 engineers, But the pass outs were almost double that number.