[one_half][ads1][/one_half]Curator Career – If History has been one of your favorite subjects, if our country’s art, history and culture interests you and excites you, then a career as Curator/ Museologist is the one for you, also if you are extroverted and wish to work both indoors and outdoors.
A museologist / Curator Career may work as a curator in a museum. They would be the in-charge of the organization & cataloging of the museum. With a culturally and historically significant country.
We have museums all over the country and they hold their own relevance in the society. They are these days also being called as , Heritage centers because they have becomes places of interaction for people.
Museology / Curator Career is defined as the systematic study and organization of a museum. To make it more relevant and valuable to the society and culture.
Curators help in describing and classifying of museum articles.
Curators assist researchers and students with reference material.
- Researching and processing of records.
General Supervision and Administration.
A museologist may be required to travel to different museums in different cities.
Job Prospects Curator Career
- Museums used to be storehouses of artifacts, statues, models etc. T
- These days they are widely diversified and are more complex than before, hence the need for Curators/ Museologists is more at present times than ever before.
- Museologists work in galleries and museums, both government and private sector, as Museum educationists, Curators, Exhibition coordinators, Consultants etc.
Skills Required for Curator Career
Keen interest in history and our culture.
Should be inquisitive to know more about our country’s history and to get into facts.
Should accurately be able to catalog objects.
Excellent communication skills.
Strong analytical skills.
Should have profound knowledge about his/ her area of expertise.
Budgeting, administration and planning skills.
Should have a creative flair for exhibitions, displays and events.
Should be able to foster strong relationships with regional and national bodies.
Should inhabit a clear understanding of how to make the information accessible to public in general.
Good decision-making ability.
Good at organizing things.
Should be well-acquainted with using computers for the relevant work.
Salary Package in Curator Career
- The salaries are not much exciting but over the time, with good experience and exposure.
- As one advances the designations, one can bring home a hefty pay for lesser amount of work ,but with bigger responsibilities.
- The average starting salary for a curator/ museologist is around 15,000 I NR a month.
- While a Senior curator or as a director of a museum one can command 60,000 I NR to 75,000 I NR a month.
With almost 657 museums, large and small ,around the country, and many more being set up each year, the need for qualified and passionate curators is high.
Qualified Historians find work in various educational institutions or research organizations such as National archives of India, Archaeological survey of India, Indian council of historical research, State departments of archaeology, and numerous state and national museums that span across the country.