Hotel Management Career
So what are the courses available under Hotel Management Career , you ask ?
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management.
- Bachelor of Hotel management.
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel management.
- BA ( Hons) in Hotel management.
- B B A in Hotel Management.
- MBA in Hotel management.
- Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management.
- Certificate courses in Hotel & Catering management.
- Craftsmanship courses.
Duration varies from college to college & from one university to another. But generally,
- The duration of a bachelor course is anywhere between 3 to 4 years.
- Duration of a master’s program can be anywhere from 18 to 24 months.
- Duration of a certificate or diploma course will be 6 to 18 months.
How Do I get there ?
The eligibility criteria for a course in Hotel Management differs according to the program one opts for. Going into specifics,
- For a diploma course after 10th, One needs to pass 10th with a minimum percentage of 40% from a recognized board.
- For a Bachelor’s degree, One must have passed 10+2 with minimum percentage of 50%.
- For a Postgraduate degree, One must have passed his/her bachelor’s degree with at-least 45% marks from a recognized university.
Since a Hotel is an amalgamation of many different services offered, The number of Hotel Management career options also varies simultaneously.
The different career in Hotel management options available are
- Front office manager.
- Food & Beverage manager.
- Banquets manager.
- Human resources & secretary.
- Air Hostess & Flight stewards.
- Asst. Restaurant manager.
- Bar Manager.
- House-keeping manager.
- Hotel Administration.
- Travel & tourism management.
Career in Hotel management includes within it a lot many areas to choose from, such as
- Hotel & restaurant management.
- Cruise ship Hotel management.
- Hospital Administration & catering.
- Hotel & Tourism Associations.
- Airline catering & cabin services.
- Club Management.
- Forest Lodges.
- Guest houses.
So all in all, A career in Hotel management offers a lot to choose from and a lot of scope within the different areas to gain expertise and excel.