- Apparel Merchandising.
- Commercial Restaurants.
- Community Development Programs.
- Consultancy and Counselling Centers.
- Extension Education.
- Fashion Designing.
- Fashion Journalism.
- Food Industry.
- Food Preservation.
- Manufacturing Industries.
- Sales Promotion of Food Items.
- Specialized Cooking.
- Textile Businesses.
- Tourist Resorts.
- Welfare Organizations.
Eligibility for B. Sc
The students should pursue HSC class with Science as the core subject to undergo B. Sc degree in Home Science. Moreover, the candidate should possess 50% marks in the 12th exam carried out by any of the recognized institutions. The course provides the base for further study options such as M.Sc, M. Phil or PhD in Home Science. Higher study options widen the scope to obtain lucrative job profiles in the sector.
Selection for the Home Sciences course after 12th
Those who possess the required qualifications can apply for the bachelor degree positions in different colleges offering the Bachelor degree courses in Home Science. The selection is done on the basis of the marks obtained in the HSC class. Certain Universities conducts selection tests for the admission of deserved candidates in to the course.
Different institutions offering B.Sc Home Sciences course
- College of Home Science, Bikaner (Rajasthan).
- College of Home Science, Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh).
- College of Home Science, Pantnagar (Uttarakhand).
- Goa College of Home Sciences, Goa.
- Government Home Sciences College, Chandigarh.
- Nirmala Niketan College of Home Sciences, Mumbai (Maharashtra).