Career in Automobile Engineering
Have you ever seen a Lamborghini on the road and wished to drive one? Let me take you one step above and tell you that you could be designing the next Lamborghini. Automobile Engineering is the kinda course that makes your craziest dreams come true. The study of automotive engineering is to design, develop, fabricate, and test vehicles or vehicle components from the concept stage to production stage. It is a very lucrative career option for students who have the love for automobiles and everything related to it. It also happens to be a profession with high demand not just in India but all over the world.
Production, development, and manufacturing are the three major functions in this field. Production or design engineering mainly focuses on designing of components, testing of parts, coordinating tests and the system of a car or any other vehicle. Development on the other hand focuses primarily on performance, durability, and speed of the vehicle. And finally the manufacturing stage is when the creation and assembling the whole parts of automobiles takes place. But what could worry a few math haters is that the automotive engineering field is research-intensive and involves direct application of mathematical models and formulas.There are all kinds of jobs available in this industry ranging from designing and manufacturing, sales and components manufacturing of vehicles to research and development.
- Diploma in Automotive Engineering.
- Bachelor of Engineering in Automotive Engineering.
- Bachelor of Technology in Automotive Engineering.
- Master of Engineering in Automotive Engineering.
- Master of Technology in Automotive Engineering.
Eligibility for B.Tech / B.E courses is 10 + 2 with Science. Selection will be based on your marks in science in the +2 examination coupled with your score in a state based CET Examination which would give you a specific rank and depending on the rank colleges admit you. Duration of the course is 4 years, you can also do a Dual Degree course which is 5 years long.
- Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Anna University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Calicut University, Calicut, Kerala
- Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka
- Mumbai University, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Punjab Technical University, Kapurthala, Punjab
- Rajasthan Technical University, Kota, Rajasthan
- Sathyabama University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Sharda University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Singhania University, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan
- SRM University, Kancheepuram, Tamil Nadu
- VIT University, Vellore, Tamil Nadu
- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, Kolkata, West Bengal
Most automobile manufacturing companies hire automobile engineering graduates for various positions including Supplier Warranty Recovery Specialist, Underbody Engineer, Senior Production Engineer, Quality Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer and Driver Instrumentation Engineer. These are positions you start of with as graduates and you will be expected to grow as you gain experience. Some major Indian brands that would look for graduates would be TELCO, L&T, Ashok Leyland, Mahindra & Mahindra, Haldex India, Bajaj Auto and Gabriel. Other than working in these positions graduates can also consider joining defense related jobs which too are extremely lucrative and high paying. Working on your own could be challenging but definitely possible. Research and Development is big in the automobile world. And it can be considered a serious career option. Professors in universities and colleges are also good career options