B.Sc (Nursing)/ General Nursing & Midwifery (GNM) Course – 2012
Scope of B.Sc Nursing course
- Nursing is a noble profession recognized as a selfless service to humanity to relieve the pain and suffering of human beings, gives an immense professional satisfaction
- After completion of B.Sc. Nursing degree programme one can work as graduate nurse in various hospitals and can get a recognition in the society
- A graduate nurse can work in corporate hospitals as a primary care provider and can get a good salary
- Graduate nurse can work as a nursing tutor and clinical instructor in school and college of nursing
- There are plenty of opportunities for graduate nurses to work in abroad like UK, USA, Australia, Ireland, Canada, middle east countries etc and can get a very good remuneration
- Graduate nurses with experience have an opportunity to work as nursing supervisers, word incharges, nursing officer’s, nursing superintendent etc
- Graduate nurses can also opt for medical transcriptionsist, medical insurance analyst and get a handsome salary
There are several higher educational opportunities available after B.Sc Nursing as
- Master in hospitals administration (MHA)
- Master degree of 2 years duration in nursing subjects like Medical Surgical Nursing, Community Health Nursing, Obstretics and Gyanecological Nursing, Child Health Nursing and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing etc and can work in teaching cadre
- MBA in human reosurce management and M.Sc in clinical research
- Short term course in Nutrition and Dietetics, critical care nursing, Diploma in oncology, Diploma in Psychiatric nursing, Diploma in Neuro Nursing, Neonatal nursing, Orthopaedic Nursing, Cardiac Nursing etc one can work as a specialist nurse after completing the above courses
- The graduate nurses also can apply for Civil services like KAS, IAS, IPS
ntegrated Headquarters of MoD (Army),
Director General of Medicine Services (Army)/ DGMS-4B,
AG’s Branch, Room No 45, ‘L’ Block Hutments,
New Delhi – 110 001
- Applications are invited from FEMALE candidates for admission to 4 years B.Sc (Nursing) course commencing in August 2012 at Colleges of Nursing and 3 and half years Training of Diploma in general Nursing & Midwifery course commencing in September 2012 at Schools of Nursing Armed Forces Hospitals.
- Selected candidates shall execute an agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service (MNS) fo 5 years.
- On successful completion of Nursing Training (4/3 and half yrs), the candidates will be granted commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the terms and conditions laid down for grant of such commission.
- They shall have to refund the entire cost of training in the event of withdrawal from the course, termination of training or refusal to accept commission in the MNS if offered. During training they will be provided free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend.
- Female candidates who are unmarried/ divorcee/ legally separated or widow without encumbrances.
- Nationality: INDIAN
- Date of Birth: Between 01 August 1987 and 31 July 1995 (Both days Inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: Passed 10+2/ Equivalent.
- Physical Standards: Medical Examination will be done as per Military Standards